Sunday, March 30, 2014

Kelly's Heroes (1970)



Ok, yet another week without a movie, so I fear that I'll set a shortness record for this entry. Since two weeks ago I was close to bashing "Monuments Men", and I was ending with a recommendation for "Kelly's Heroes" as a WW2 movie, I thought it might be a good subject. If "Monuments Men" is pretty undecided about what it wants to be, "Kelly's Heroes" is well defined as action/comedy = 100% entertainment purpose. The subject is simple: some members of the allied troops are establishing a "private enterprise" in the middle of the war after they find out that a German bank has gold, lots of gold. The problem is the location behind enemy lines. Which leads to an entire adventure filled with issues that range from logistics problems up to face-to-face meetings with enemy tanks. About the casting, Clint Eastwood is Kelly - the organizer of the gold freedom operation, but the most memorable character is Oddball, Donald Sutherland in probably one of his best roles. Since I don't have any more time left for writing, check out the clips & enjoy the movie ;)

Rating: 5 out of 5














No comments:

Post a Comment