Saturday, November 13, 2010

Motto

G’mork: Foolish boy. Don’t you know anything about Fantasia? It’s the world of human fantasy. Every part, every creature of it, is a piece of the dreams and hopes of mankind. Therefore, it has no boundaries.

Atreyu: But why is Fantasia dying then?

G’mork: Because people have begun to loose their hopes and forget their dreams. So the nothing grows stronger.

Atreyu: What is the nothing?

G’mork: It’s the emptiness that’s left. It’s like a despair, destroying this world. And I have been trying to help it.

Atreyu: But why?

G’mork: Because people who have no hopes are easy to control. And whoever has control has the Power.

(”The Neverending Story” – 1984, script by Wolfgang Petersen & Herman Weigel, book by Michael Ende ; extended excerpt from video @ end of post)

Why unauthorized ? ... That’s because I didn’t graduate a specialized course in any cinema related field.

Why moviethoughts360 ? ... Because I have not found anything more suitable and available and for a year and a half I kept this blog only for friends on Yahoo 360 (which unfortunately, depending on when the actual sentence is read, it will be dead or in the process of passing away )

Why? Honestly ... .. I have no idea:) Maybe because at some point I wanted to follow some courses in the field and I kept some nostalgia of the moment ... Maybe because I try to put on a sheet of paper a script since about three or four years and it seems it will take forever, so ... I found an alternative, less time eating ... Maybe because I like to write something else than code sometimes ... Maybe, other reasons ...

This blog contains 90%+ impressions more or less objective about movies, newer or older, depending on what I get to see. It is not in any way exclusively targeted on the latest productions. The remaining 10% max will be other inputs for which I honestly do not think I need a separate blog. I don't intend promoting or bashing any movie promotion even though it might seem in some cases, but just simply to express a few thoughts. As a general rule, if you want a quality recommendation for a movie not listen to what only one person says, because there is a always a bit of subjectivity there and preferences are questionable. However, it may still represent a somehow valid source of information if he or she says something else besides a simple "Go see that movie, it's very good." If after "Go see that movie, it's very good" you get a "Jackie Chan fights with giant spiders from outer space" you might give up with seeing the movie (I don’t have anything against Jackie Chan, nor "giant spiders from outer space", but you might be arachnophobic). That's what I intend to do - giving some extra info and feedback. For a simple rating for a film, I must refer to IMDb probably as the best system at the moment (with emphasis on system) simply because on an average grade from n users, you’ll get something which eventually will get somewhere close to reality. For example, what's in the top 250 overall is worth seeing (doesn’t excel, but it's not a waste of time), and what is probably less than 5 is waaay low to give it a try. What's in between can be a masterpiece or a failure depending on the viewer :).

Ok, that's about it, I've already stretched too much a statement / description of the blog / introductory post - all together ;) .






No comments:

Post a Comment