Monday, June 8, 2020

Summer-Fall 2020 Movie Preview - Part 2



As usual, I'm writing this entry "live" = when I'll be done with this sentence I'll still don't know if I manage to find three movies to be released this Fall + coming packed with a trailer. And since it will probably take me quite a bit to find them, I won't spend more with the intro, even though I foresee a very brief entry...

Well, September went easy. We have "A Quiet Place Part II", which hopefully won't be postponed again. For who didn't see Part I, it wasn't exactly a masterpiece, but it was still something original in the horror/dystopia genre. Let's see if the sequel stays as fresh.

In October we have a relatively generous list of titles announced: "BIOS" - a post-apocalyptic Sci-Fi drama starring Tom Hanks and directed by Miguel Sapochnik ("GoT", "Repo Men"), "Death on the Nile" - yet another adaptation of Agatha Christie's work made by Kenneth Branagh, "The Witches" - o re-boot Roald Dahl's booke, directed by Robert Zemeckis, 30 years after the original with Angelica Huston, sequels for "Halloween" and "G.I. Joe", but none of these with a released trailer, and probably neither very certain of sticking to the planned date. Which brings us to...

November - when again we're fortunate to have a re-scheduling for "No Time to Die". Honestly... I'm not sure I need all fingers on one hand to count the James Bond movies that I found to be ok, but it's better than nothing...

I said that this is gonna be a brief entry. Well, I'm keeping my word. Let's see if I find something more interesting for next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment