Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Summer-Fall 2018 Movie Preview - Part 1


It's good that we enter June, so I can use my failsafe = going over what's announced for summer-fall 2018, otherwise again I wouldn't have had much of a subject... So, let's see...

Let's start with something more mainstream - there's a new part/episode of "Jurassic Park/World" coming out - "The Fallen Kingdom". Despite the critics, I enjoyed the previous one. The screenwriters are the same, so there's some hope...

Leigh Whannell is probably mostly known for "Saw" and some other horrors. Now we have a SciFi (although it might get to horror in the end...): "Upgrade". The subject - AI controlled implants - is not really 100%, but definitely not the most used one.

"Under the Silver Lake" seems a sort of David Lynch movie in a light/comedy version. Nothing more to say...

In July we're moving back to mainstream with "Ant-Man and the Wasp", the sequel of "Ant-Man" without the Wasp (well, sort of...). Otherwise said: yet another Marvel movie.

The "Skyscraper" trailer reminded me a bit of "Die Hard" - the first. I'm still not getting my hopes so high on something to compare with that.

I always found "Mission Impossible" to be more clever than the "James Bond" secret agent version known by everybody. I hope I won't change my opinion after "Fallout".

In August SciFi rules. Well... SciFi or "SciFi". Guess what kind "The Meg" is?...

"A-X-L" generated a "Chappie" deja vu, although not much on the "vu" part because it was so bashed by critics that I skipped it. Maybe is not the case here.

I left the best to the end. "Kin" seems to me by far the most interesting movie in all this enumeration. Honestly is not the brightest summer in terms of new releases. Either that or I'm way too busy and getting too picky with allocating time for a movie... Let's see next time what the fall brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment