Sunday, December 17, 2017

Winter-Spring 2017-2018 Movie Preview - Part 2



Let's quickly move also through what's announced for Spring 2018, since we anyway don't have too many trailers released yet. At least for me, if there is any animation announced for next year that could compete with "Early Man", that's "Isle of Dogs" - out in March 2018, written and directed by Wes Anderson. Instead of more details I guess it's enough to enumerate: "Fantastic Mr. Fox", "Moonrise Kingdom", "Grand Budapest Hotel". Well, to be fair.. it's probably obvious that the movie we have here doesn't have the same target age as a typical Pixar/Dreamworks animation, and not even as Aardman stuff, speaking about "Early Man". But let's cut the chit-chat... here's the trailer:


"Pacific Rim: Uprising" doesn't seem to have much left (except the main topic) from the first "Pacific Rim". The director, writers, cast, all are changed. My expectations are even lower than what I had for the first movie, but there I was so surprised about the outcome that looking back I can't really explain how that happened. I could hope the same for here, but still... back then we had a Guillermo del Toro behind the whole thing, here...


The first thing that pops into my mind about "Ready Player One" is that's the first SciFi made by Spielberg since "War of the Worlds". The second thing is that I really, really, really hope it won't be like "War of the Worlds" :| ...


"Rampage" looks like a sort of King Kong meets Sharknado meets Insert-your-favorite-giant-creature-here. Or the type of summer movie that doesn't seem to be so bankable and it gets a release date at some point where there's not much competition announced (April in this case).


We end in May with the next "Avengers: Infinity Wars". I'm not gonna spend more time to repeat again my opinion on super-hero movies, especially the ones Marvel releases (unfortunately there was nothing else announced for this month).


No comments:

Post a Comment