Monday, December 5, 2016

Winter 2016 - Spring 2017 Movies Preview - Part 2


I'm writing again when I should normally be sleeping before an early morning flight, so I'll cut this as short as possible ( anyway, these previews are more about trailers, right? ;) ). So, in March we have a bunch of blockbuster releases, starting with "Logan" = a sequel to the solo Wolverine line besides X-Men. I thought I heard at some point that Hugh Jackman will give up on this character. If the new release is as "good" as the previous it would've been better ...

"Kong: Skull Island" is a reboot of the giant gorilla. In this case I doubt it's possible to be worse than the last attempt ...

To stick to the deja-vu area on subjects, the next one is "King Arthur: Legend of the Sword". The interesting part - this is directed by Guy Ritchie. I don't hope much for such combination, but if it manages to work there are chances to see this in the "best of 2017".

In Aprile we move from box-office to very indie. At least this is what "Sleight" seems to be. The only title for now in that month with a trailer out and worthy of mentioning.

In May we have the sequel of the best Marvel movie by now (say whatever you want, I'll strongly keep my vote on it). I'm not very convinced that "Guardians of the Galaxy 2" will level with the first, but if it gets closer it's still good.

"Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell no Tales" is the fifth part of the series, bringing in Javier Bardem. For what purpose, you can check the trailer ;) ...

I've kept again for the end the "spring" title which is #1 on my waiting list. I think that since "Pandorum", at least based on the trailer, "Life" has the highest chance to get in the same "space thriller" zone where we have "Alien", "Sunshine" and not many others.

That's it for this preview round ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment