Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Allied (2016)




"Allied" is a movie that tries to answer three questions... How much can you trust somebody? How far can you go to confirm your trust? and How much trust can you have after you decided to go that far?... Well, as I said, the movie tries. Succeeding is another story ...

A movie is a movie and life is life. "Allied" is a romance before all, and as cynical it may sound, I'm afraid is hard to find some title in the genre that's relevant in respect with how things really are (or maybe I'm a lost cause, who knows...). We have Brad Pitt, an allied agent sent in 1942's Africa behind enemy lines for organizing an assassination, where he must team up, ex-French resistance. I don't know if it's love at first sight (yet another unicorn...) but things move fast in any case. Mission accomplished, British residence for the girl, marriage, a child, everything seems perfect despite the Luftwaffe bombings. Until the British intelligence breaks some news...

Well, I already went far enough with the subject and I would say as usual: "watch the movie" for what's following, but already the trailer gives you more. I think it's the worst I've seen this year. Fortunately I watched the movie before so it was still spoiler-free and I was able to discover something by myself. That the questions in the beginning might have also some other answers than I knew already :) At least in a movie...

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment