Saturday, June 6, 2015

Summer-Fall 2015 Movie Preview Part 2


September starts with "No Escape". I was expecting something like "based on real facts" when the trailer ended. Looks like it's not the case. Pure fiction ...




We're moving on to "The Little Prince". I don't know why this seems to be a bit too ... Hollywoodish ... for the story it's based on ...




September continues with "Maze Runner" - 2nd part. Apparently, my hunch that this will transform in a sort of yet another "Hunger Games" series is confirmed. True though, this is one that shows more promise ...




Guillermo del Toro returns in October to the genre he got known for before "Pan's Labyrinth" or "Pacific Rim" = horror. "Crimson Peak" seems like something a bit different in the latest flood of ghost stories ...




"Bridge of Spies" seems to be the most promising Spielberg production since "Munich". This means in the last 10 year. Seems to ... We'll see if it confirms.




Vin Diesel is "The Last Witch Hunter" during this year's Halloween. I don't see in the trailer other reason for watching this besides keeping the season "spirit", despite the movie having Michael Caine in the cast to inspire confidence ...




I didn't like the last Bond. Yes, I know, I know ... best reviews in years for the series ... don't care about that = too superficial for me. "Spectre", to be released in November, seems to be a bit more close to the level of Sam Mendes's direction ("Road to Perdition", "American Beauty"). Well, I hope so ...




That's pretty much all for this preview round. It could be better, but I think we're quite ok with the incoming line-up ;) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment