Thursday, June 4, 2015

Summer-Fall 2015 Movie Preview Part 1


Let's start counting what this year's summer-fall season brings with a horror. My current mood asks for one ... In June we have the release of the third part of "Insidious". The first episode was spooky. The second I skipped since it seemed too lame. The third shows some promise. We'll see ...




If we're talking about sequels, soon arrives also "Jurassic World". Generally, I don't trust obscure directors leading box office hits, but in this case (Colin Trevorrow) we have an exception = remember "Safety not Guaranteed" ? ... probably not :) anyway ... If this is at least half heart touching as that one was ...




After evil spirits and sharp teeth equipped dinosaurs, let's move to a lighter area (not that I have many options left for June). "Inside Out", the latest Disney/Pixar production carries us into the dark threatening corners of the mind (I'm struggling to make this look like a horror too ... told you .. my current mood requires it)




July starts with "Terminator Genisys", top expected movie on my personal list for this summer. If it's hard to get why, after the last two iterations: T3 (which wasn't that bad actually) and Salvation, well ... the reason is sort of ... personal let's say = if somewhere around your 10th birthday you've watched T2 in cinema, trust me, the sequels can be as bad as possible, you'll still wait for the next one ;) (even though it's hard to accept Emilia Clarke in place of Linda Hamilton ... but well ... at least Arnold is back).




The only problem of "Self/less" is that the trailer says a lot. Pretty much everything. So I won't write more ...




I liked the previous "Mission Impossible". Much more than the latest Bond. So for the end of July that's on the what-to-see schedule.




Since it's impossible to pass a summer without Marvel movies, I decided to mention one for August - the reboot of "Fantastic Four". Contrary to most of the opinions, and opposite to other gatherings of this type (aka "Avengers") I liked the first two movies from 2005/2007 where Chris Evans was training as Johnny Storm for Captain America. I don't know how the new version it's gonna be, but I have at least a subjective reason to be interested in it: Kate Mara :P the rest doesn't count that much ...




I started with a horror, I'm closing the summer with thrillers. The first is "The Gift". Classic psycho stalker subject apparently.




Also in August we have "Cop Car". Seems more original. With a Kevin Bacon who looks so mean as we didn't see since "Invisible Man" (actually we didn't see him there either ... matter of interpretation).




That's the summer. Next round - september - november.

No comments:

Post a Comment