Sunday, December 7, 2014

Winter-Spring 2014-2015 Movie Preview - Part 2


I'll start the spring and the month of March with "Chappie", a movie that seems to be a sort of "A.I." (in case somebody remembers what Spielberg was doing around year 2000) but set in much more tensed world. World that actually looks very similar with what Neill Blomkamp got us already used to in "District 9" or "Elysium". For me not enough, I still don't trust the directing skills of this guy ...




Did you know that "Moby Dick" had a real source of inspiration? Well, after watching the trailer for "In the Heart of the Sea" and having a quick look on the novel's Wikipedia page, I tend to think that's more a marketing strategy (= "Moby Dick" actually had not one but more real life sources, this being just one of them). In any case, Ron Howard knows how to do one thing very well, and that's real story based dramas. So the expectancies are .. big :), as the whale.




Lately I'm quite disappointed by DreamWorks, but I wanted to have also an animation in my previews list, so I'm closing "March" with "Home". Despite being discouraged by the trailer ...




I don't have many options for next April that already have a trailer out, so don't shoot me (no pun intended), but what I'm left with is "Furious 7". The only thing that gives me a reason to see also the seventh part (unbelievable but true I managed to get through the first six .. it can actually be much worse = "Transformers"), is that the director is James Wan ("Saw", "Dead Silence", "Insidious", "The Conjuring"). I'm really curious to see how the most active/appreciated horror director of the last 10 years works on a different genre.




I guess my position regarding superhero movies is already known. Fortunately, the density seems lower for next year. At least as production number, because regarding the superheroes count we have again all the gang reunited in May for "Avengers: Age of Ultron". Big yawn ...




I never got to understand the praise for the "Mad Max" movies, and neither for George Miller as director. So next year's reboot doesn't excite me at all. Despite the trailer's level of pumped up adrenaline ...




After a relatively pessimistic series I'm closing May and this preview round with the top title on my "to watch" list: "Tomorrowland". The only fear I have is that it might be to teenage targeted. Except that, looks good, director, writers, story, cast, everything :).



That's all for now. I'll be back, soon, with a title that seems quite promising ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment