Monday, June 3, 2019

Summer-Fall 2019 Movie Preview (the brief version) - Part 2



Let's not lose time with another intro, and see what the Fall brings. In September we have "Spies in Disguise", an animation where Will Smith gets wings as a secret agent. Probably the lack of presence in the latest "Men in Black" had to be compensated with something...

...And also probably an animation is not enough for that, so we have, again, Will Smith in "Gemini Man" in October. In a more serious note, this looks much more promising with Ang Lee directing, and a large team of writers among who we find Andrew Niccol ("In Time", "Lord of War", "Gattaca") and David Benioff (yes, I know that last GoT season sucked, but still...)

I enjoyed each of the 5 Terminator instances until now, despite the bashing the last two of them got from the critics. It's not very clear to me though how they can turn the story around for the 6th installment: "Terminator: Dark Fate", to be released in November, but I'm waiting to see that.

That's it. The good news is that in this previews break I had the luck to get across a couple of movies which were quite ok, so I have something to write next time ;) (in theory, if I don't forget about it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment