Monday, May 8, 2017

Nueve Reinas (2000)



Long time, no posts ... I don't really have a subject, and I have a month way too full to find something, so I've decided for a lightning fast entry on "Nueve Reinas". I've seen the movie looooong ago for the first time, but I've re-watched it in pieces relatively recent. My impression left from my first watch was a very good one. However, after more than 15 years I guess I've become a bit more picky :)... The story: two con-artists meet one day in a shop after an unsuccessful attempt of one of them two swindle the cashier. After escaping in the end, the two guys decide on a short term collaboration, and moving from "customer" to "customer" they reach to a wealthy target interested in the "nine queens" - a rare set of German stamps issued in the beginning of the 20-th century. Further we have a perfect copy, the originals coming into picture, some twists... In other words what's following and especially the ending is too nice to tell you more now :) Especially for a first view. Second time you'll notice maybe tiny things that don't fit so perfectly ;) ...

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment