Sunday, February 26, 2017

Oscar 2017 - Supporting Actors



Yet another quick entry. I never liked commenting too much the acting, but on the other hand, the "supporting" area seems to me this year that deserves more attention than the "leading", so I'll just quickly roll out a couple clips and the wrapping prediction...

Viola Davis in "Fences":

Naomie Harris and Mahershala Ali in "Moonlight":

Nicole Kidman and Dev Patel in "Lion":

Octavia Spencer in "Hidden Figures":

Michelle Williams and Lucas Hedges in "Manchester by the Sea":

Jeff Bridges in "Hell or High Water":

Michael Shannon in "Nocturnal Animals":

Verdict: For actress is pretty clear that the monologue in "Fences" sets Viola Davis with the highest chances on winning this. For actor to be in trend with what the critics say, the winner will most probably be Mahershala Ali. My opinion though, is that his role in "Moonlight" is a short one that doesn't show much - the act of Jeff Bridges in "Hell or High Water" was much more consistent.. I would even say the best part in that movie. But I'm not voting ;)...

No comments:

Post a Comment