Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Unknown Known (2013)




It's strange how from time to time I'm picking "the right" movie to say so ... Meaning exactly something that fits either with my psychical state, either with the daily issues, or actually with both. Maybe it's just my unhealthy subconscious which makes weird connections. Anyway ... this never happened before with a documentary. I actually don't remember in all my blogging years how many documentaries I've had among my entries ... I guess there was one, but I'm not even sure about that. What we have heir is a modern approach, very nicely shot and edited, and very engaging. I won't express opinions on the subject (the period while Donald Rumsfeld was Secretary of Defense in U.S. = the last Irak war), because I don't really have enough knowledge on all aspects. In any case, leaving the context aside, what we're allowed to see is extremely interesting as a psychological analysis of a person placed in a leading position. The possible combinations between "knowns" and "unknowns" are referenced several times .. therefore the source of the title. And in the end, making again (of course, probably unhealthy) connections with your everyday life decisions you end up asking yourself if you're not in an "unknown known" area = what you know that you know, maybe actually you don't know ... Now, in the film it's clear that's not a really good thing, the question is how much can you trust yourself in practice ... Late night philosophy :) Let's stop it until it doesn't derail completely ;)

Rating: 4 out of 5




No comments:

Post a Comment