Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Ant-Man (2015)



Busy, busy days ... I have the same time to spend for "Ant-Man" as much as he occupies on the poster area. So let's get to the point ...

I'm waiting for the day when I'll see a super-hero movie that I'll like. But something to really like. I don't think this happened since '92: "Batman Returns", where either I was too young to be really impressed or Tim Burton did some magic in that movie. Ant-Man comes with an interesting perspective, and quite original compared to what's on the market. Literally speaking. Spoiler: we can see a tsunami in the bath tub. The subject itself is sort of average, but I didn't expect much more. Probably the best part of the movie is the comic relief, very present and sufficiently well integrated to not leave the rest to get to the disaster state of alternating cliches with CGI sequences as we've seen in Avengers 2. The script and the acting ... better not talk about it (= fortunately Evangeline Lilly and her green eyes were there to save it a bit .. at least for my concern).

It's a light, summer movie. Fine if you don't expect much, and also if you don't expect that you'll be surprised for not expecting much. Worse in my opinion than the last Spiderman or Iron Man, but above Thor, Avengers, etc. from the Marvel Universe (yeah, I know ... I have a messed up scale compared to the box office and fan preference in the super-hero niche). Obviously, I didn't include Guardians of Galaxy in the Marvel list. That was brilliant. Probably because, technically speaking, that wasn't a super-hero movie ...

Rating: 3 out of 5



No comments:

Post a Comment