Saturday, October 4, 2014

Life After Beth (2014)



I've been waiting for "Life After Beth" since quite a while. I've managed watching this last week, in two shots, late at night when I couldn't sleep. I've been a bit afraid at the moment that it will amplify the not that good mood I had. No worries though ... The movie was so bad, that the only thing it amplified was the frequency of my yawns.

Beth dies somewhere in the beginning (big surprise) bitten by a venomous snake. Zach, her boyfriend, gets into a bitter depression until he figures out that ... Beth has still a pulse, and she's walking. Resurrected, and after she crawled out from her grave, the girl simply returned home, where her parents decide to hide the miracle. Until when the nosy boyfriend, intrigued by the isolation of his former "parents-in-law" finds out about the new zombie in town. And that's what starts the problems, but I'll leave these for who has enough patience to discover what happens next ...

I have to admit that the main reason for waiting this movie was Aubrey Plaza. Probably the name sounds totally unknown, but well ... I have my "crush" moments :P, and this one followed "Safety not Guaranteed" + one .. two ... three interviews I've seen with her (don't ask :P just youtube search - funny, weird & maybe hiding some heart deep under the outer layer .. maybe). Anyway, after "Life After Beth" I'm cured. The acting was pathetic. The directing sucked. The script ... no comment - how and why we get from Beth to a (spoiler) "Night of the Living Dead" I have no clue. Or .. it might be some hidden plot of the vipers in the surroundings to wake up the whole cemetery. Anyway ...

Rating: 2 out of 5




No comments:

Post a Comment