Saturday, June 4, 2011

2nd Part of Summer-Fall 2011 Movie Preview



I really should focus on other stuff these days, so without any other introduction I'll slip directly into the fall preview, more exactly starting with part of the September movie line-up. Actually, to add some more extra days for the summer I said myself that it would be a good idea to begin with a "light" movie, so to speak. If last year we had (during the same time if I remember correctly) "Piranha 3D" (which I didn't see), this year we'll have something which seems to get quite close to the same "guilty pleasure light summer horror" to summarize it all. Well, this time it's with bigger fish :) .. freshwater ... sharks: "Shark Night 3D":





Raising up the level from light to hard, even though it's not anymore a horror but a thriller, also in September we'll have a remake after a 1971 movie - "Straw Dogs". The original directed by Sam Peckinpah and starring Dustin Hoffman in the lead role, as far as I know was sort of a controversial picture at the time, still being considered to have some pretty rough scenes. Which seems to be also the case for the new one as the trailer shows it:





I told myself to risk a bit and also put a pure action movie in the list, although I really have a feeling that specifically for this case I should repeat that the current blog entry is just a preview and not a recommendation (read more between the lines). Anyway .. at least the story (as much as it's shown) seems to have some potential for this genre. More about "Abduction" remains to be seen at the end of September:





For October, I'll start with "Take Shelter", which seems to be a drama having a slight resemblance as a general feeling with "Frailty" (for who knows about it), less the crime thriller part. What's sure for the moment is that the rating on IMDb, coming from the prescreenings, it's quite huge ...





Something I didn't think I'll ever see (and actually I don't know if I have the intention to see besides the trailer) is "The Three Musketeers" ... in 3D. Without any other comments:





As it's probably already clear enough from above, starting from October I already have the usual problem that appears when I write this kind of entries - there aren't many trailers out for what's upcoming :) So, due to the lack of material, I'll end the month with a teaser that doesn't say much and neither shows any high promises (besides this it's also for a horror :-p). One more thing, the director, Kevin Smith, he might be known to some people for some comedies (I'm not a fan, so I won't spend time to give any extended CV) - so the teaser for "Red State" presented by himself:





Due to the facts mentioned already above I have only one title for November. And as I couldn't completely skip the animation sector, this one is "Puss in Boots" = the "Shrek" spin-off, of course from DreamWorks. Just a teaser for now:





Back next time with the normal weekly movie entry ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment