Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Oscar 2011 - Nominations

I'm usually reserving my blog entries in February for Oscars :). Why am I doing this ? Well, the reason is not just because the Academy Awards are well-known as the most important cinema awards, but because I actually think they are the most important along with the BAFTAs. This is due to the voting process the movies go through until getting an Oscar, process which involves thousands of members, in comparison for example with Cannes (where are around 10 jury members) or Golden Globes (where I don't know exactly but I think the number is between 50 and 100). Therefore on the Oscars the result should be more objective (at least in theory ...). But after all, it's not actually the award that matters that much. What's important is that you have the occasion to find out about some good movies you've probably missed otherwise. So, the nominees for 2011 are ...

Best Picture:
Directing:
Actor in a Leading Role:
Actress in a Leading Role:
Actor in a Supporting Role:
Actress in a Supporting Role:
Best Animation:
Original Screenplay:
Adapted Screenplay:
Best Foreign Language Film:
Cinematography:
Film Editing:
Art Direction (Production Design & Set Decoration):
Music - Score:
Music - Song:
  • "Coming Home" - Country Strong - Tom Douglas, Troy Verges, Hillary Lindsey
  • "I See the Light" - Tangled - Alan Menken, Glenn Slater
  • "If I Rise" - 127 Hours - A.R. Rahman, Dido, Rollo Armstrong
  • "We Belong Together" - Toy Story 3 - Randy Newman
Sound Editing:
Sound Mixing:
  • Inception - Lora Hirschberg, Gary A. Rizzo, Ed Novick
  • The King's Speech - Paul Hamblin, Martin Jensen, John Midgley
  • Salt - Jeffrey J. Haboush, Greg P. Russell, Scott Millan, William Sarokin
  • The Social Network - Ren Klyce, David Parker, Michael Semanick, Mark Weingarten
  • True Grit - Skip Lievsay, Craig Berkey, Greg Orloff, Peter F. Kurland
Visual Effects:
Costume Design:
Makeup:
Short Film:
Short Animation:
Documentary:
Short Documentary:
That's pretty much of it. I hope I put the correct links. Well, I have no idea about how many categories I will have time to comment this year, but the first one will be next week :) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment